With exhibits on space, neuroscience, theater, and art, Children's Museum in Oak Lawn hosts a vast array of learning options for young minds to explore. Families are welcome to discover "play while learning" skills for children ages one through 12. Kids learn to role-play new careers and interests at the museum where 'no two visits are ever the same.'
Related Post: 26 of the Most Unique Things to Do in Chicago
The Children's Museum in Oak Lawn's mission is to promote learning and impact a child's potential through play-based education. The museum believes that positive connections are critical support systems for childhood development. They also believe that children and their families deserve a safe place to thrive and grow together.
Children's Museum in Oak Lawn's Educational Exhibits
The Children's Museum in Oak Lawn features hands-on attractions and educational events for kids through various interactive rooms, exhibits, and performances. Here are just a few of what guests can expect:
- Earth and Space: This exhibit covers our planet, the solar system, and the universe. Visitors can uncover the same tools NASA scientists use to explore the energy of the universe, while kids can build a model spacecraft for their own mission to space.
- Imagination Playground: Here, children learn through play using oversized blocks. This exhibit promotes cooperation and teamwork.
Related Post: 32 Totally Free Things to Do in Chicago
- The Topography Table: This interactive exhibit allows children to move sand in the table and change the topography of the world they create, making islands, mountains, lakes, and rivers.
- Haven Animal Shelter: Here, kids can discover important concepts about endangered species and how to care for pets.
- We the People: This attraction promotes patriotism by teaching about the events surrounding 9/11. Kids are encouraged to ask questions and post ideas about unity and friendship.
- $11.00 Adults
- $11.00 Children (Free for kids under one year)
- $8.00 Seniors/Military and Veterans
- $8.00 Teachers
(Plan on repeated visits? Check out the museum's membership offers!)
Related Post: Chicago Tourist Traps: What to Avoid in the Windy City
Children's Museum of Oak Park Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: CLOSED
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Related Post: Current Events and Festivals in Chicago
Free parking is available on the 5th floor of the parking garage. It's important to note that parking in front of the museum is only 30 minutes, and the Oak Lawn museum does not own the parking lot in front of the museum.