The Pigeon Forge theme park is always adding some new attraction, ride or show, and this year that tradition continues. To get the scoop on what’s new at Dollywood 2020, read on.
Dollywood 2020: Flower & Food Festival
As a park, Dollywood is famous for its seasonal festivals. From bluegrass to Christmas-themed celebrations, these events add even more fun things to do at this Pigeon Forge theme park. With that in mind, Dollywood is introducing a new festival for 2020—the Flower & Food Festival. May 8 through June 14, guests can look forward to visiting a Dollywood that’s blooming with color…and flavor!
What to Expect at the New Festival
The Flower & Food Festival is debuting during Dollywood’s 35th anniversary season. As such, several of the flower and plant displays will pay tribute to that anniversary. Others with including designs inspired by the Smoky Mountains showcasing local animals like black bears. OF course, this is Dollywood so some of the displays will also be topiary tributes to Dolly Parton songs.
According to a Dollywood press release, "In partnership with the internationally acclaimed Mosaicultures flower sculpting team, Dollywood creates living, larger-than-life sculptures including a butterfly umbrella, a depiction of Dolly’s mother quilting the Coat of Many Colors, various animal scenes, and beautiful environmental imaginations.”
Along with the beautiful topiaries, there will be plenty of photo ops and interactive displays. One of the most anticipated for the all-new Dollywood 2020 festival is the “Umbrella Sky” on Showstreet. With hundreds of colorful umbrellas suspended over the pathway, this display will be an eye-catching and Instagram-worthy showcase.
Food is always a top thing to experience at Dollywood. And, this festival brings even more delicious flavor to the park. Fresh, seasonal selections will be the highlights of many food offerings. As a result, menu items will include:
- Spring beef over crispy potatoes
- Heirloom tomato and cheese galette
- Savory lime chicken legs
- Caprese skewers with balsamic reduction
- Pink watermelon lemonade
- Rose lemon spitzer
A New Way to Explore
In addition to the springtime fun of this new festival, Dollywood will be offering anew season pass option in 2020. The Pre-K Imagination Season Pass offers free, unlimited admission for children born in 2015 and 2016. However, you must register for this pass by January 5, 2020. Get yours now!
More Dollywood 2020 Festivals
Discover the rest of the incredible festivals happening at Dollywood in 2020.
- Festival of Nations: March 14-April 20. It will include headliners Namaste India and Ole! and returning acts Drumstruck, JigJam and the Invaders Steel Orchestra. The festival also will bring international food options to Dollywood.
- Barbeque and Bluegrass:April 24-May 3. It will have bluegrass acts performing concerts throughout the park and barbecue food offerings.
- Flower and Food: May 8-June 14. It will have flower displays, visual elements and new food and drink options.
- Summer Celebration: June 20-Aug. 2. The Gazillion Bubbles Show will make its return during this festival, and the park's hours will be extended.
- Rock the Smokies: 22. TobyMac and Crowder will return to Dollywood's annual contemporary Christian concert event.
- Harvest Festival: 25-Oct. 31. It will have Dollywood's Great Pumpkin LumiNights with thousands of carved pumpkins, fall foods and displays. The Southern Gospel Jubilee will also return with several concerts throughout the park.
- Smoky Mountain Christmas: 7-Jan. 2. This event will have 5 million lights, performances, Christmas food menus and the Parade of Many Colors.
Dollywood 2020: Spring into Fun
As you can see, Dollywood 2019 will offer a lot of fun for everyone. The all-new Flower & Food Festival is sure to be a must-see experience.
Be sure to book your Dollywood tickets now for extra savings! As always, combine your tickets with hotel reservations to get the absolute best deal.