What should I bring with me?
What if I can’t swim?
- Flip flops
- A bathing suit
- A towel
- A shirt and/or swim shorts if you’re looking for more protection from the sun. We also offer wetsuits for rent for $10 per person.
- A light jacket
- Cash or card for wetsuits or photo packages
- Seasickness medication. You can pick up seasickness tablets cheaply from local drugstores, or, if you only ever experience very mild motion illness, ginger-based drinks can help stave it off. We also offer reusable PSI bands for purchase on the bus for $25 (pack of two).
- A waterproof camera. Dolphins and You provides professional photography and videography for an additional $60 (photo only) or $100 (photo and video combo)
The tour crew is made up of safety certified lifesavers and free divers. Additionally, life vests are made available to all guests to keep you afloat.Is there an age limit for swimming with the dolphins?
We recommend that only guests who are 2 years and older join our tours. We recognize that it can be difficult for traveling families to find a babysitter, however, so it is possible to bring an infant on the boat. But we ask parents please consider these important factors:
Am I guaranteed to see dolphins?
- The boat is not child-proof.
- We do not have a changing table on board.
- Infant life vests are stored at our harbor, and it is the responsibility of the parent to alert our crew of the need for an infant life vest before the vessel departs.
- We do not offer a discount for children less than 2 years old.
Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins are wild marine animals, so we cannot guarantee with absolute certainty that we will encounter them. However, the vast majority of our tours (more than 90 percent) do see and swim with dolphins.Can I touch the wild dolphins?
No. Touching marine life and coral is illegal by Hawaii state law. Contact with human skin can make dolphins and sea turtles more susceptible to disease and cause them stress. But the animals often come close by our guests, and simply being in their presence is incredible.What is the water temperature in Hawaii? Will I need a wetsuit?
Hawaiian waters range from about 77℉ (25℃) in the wintertime to 82℉ (28℃) in the summertime.
Though this is much warmer than the natural ocean temperature in most parts of the world, you still may feel cold in the shade or rain in just a swimsuit. We offer wetsuits for rent at $10 per person.Can I bring my own camera?
You may bring your own camera on board. But we recommend letting our professionals capture your experience so that you can fully enjoy your tour without worrying about getting the shot! If you want to bring a camera underwater, make sure it is waterproof and that it floats.
Dolphins and You offers professional photography and videography for an additional $60 (photo only) or $100 (photo and video combo). The photo packages usually contain around 300 over- and under-water shots and the video is usually around 20 minutes long. We document the experience from beginning to end.Does Dolphins and You provide transportation?
We provide transportation to and from 10 locations within Waikiki and Ko Olina free of cost. It is included in your trip price. Alternatively, you may meet us at the Waianae Boat Harbor if you would like to provide your own transportation.Is there a restroom on board?
There is a public restroom in the harbor, and there are two full restrooms on board the boat. There is no restroom on the tour bus.Can a person in a wheelchair participate?
Our boat is not wheelchair friendly, and wheelchairs are not permitted on our bus transportation. We have a ramp onto the boat, but it is only 19 inches wide and it does not have railings.Can pregnant women participate?
We allow pregnant women to take part in our tour but advise that it may not be safe during later terms. Please be careful not to slip and fall on board.Are we allowed to drink alcohol on the boat?
Alcohol is not permitted on board the boat. Safety of the passengers is our primary concern.Are tips required?
Tipping the crew is appreciated but not solicited. A tip jar is made available to guests at the end of each tour.Are tours available daily?
Yes. Two tour times are offered daily.