Are children allowed on the cruise?
Yes. Children are welcome on board. Children under the age of 3 can cruise for free.
Does the cruise require a dress code?
Casual attire is appropriate for this cruise.
How long is the cruise?
The round-trip cruise is 3 hours long. Guests have 3 additional hours to explore Mount Vernon estate.
When do I board the ship? When do I return?
The schedule of events for the Spirit of Mount Vernon cruise is as follows:
Does the cruise have a snack bar?
- SW Waterfront Boarding Time: 8:00 am | Departure: 8:30 am
- Arrival at Mount Vernon: 10:00 am
- Return Boarding: 1:15 pm | Departure: 1:30 pm
- Arrival at SW Waterfront: 3:00 pm
Yes. A snack bar is available onboard and serves cocktails, wine, and beer along with breakfast and lunch items. Coffee, tea, and water are also offered.Is parking offered?
Parking is limited at the Gangplank Marina off Water Street. Several metered lots are available nearby. In addition, the cruise ship is easily accessible via the Waterfront Metro station (Green Line).Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
While the Spirit of Mount Vernon is wheelchair-accessible at the home dock, the disembarkation at Mount Vernon is not on-level with the wheelchair-accessible deck. Therefore, it is not recommended to travel to Mount Vernon by way of this vessel for guests with mobility limitations, unless they are able to exit the ship without the use of their wheelchair.What is the difference between "Boarding Time" and "Cruising Time?”
"Boarding Time" is the earliest you and your guests may board the ship. You are free to board any time after that up until the "Cruise Time." The ship will leave port at the "Cruise Time." We recommend allowing plenty of time for parking and getting to the ship. The ship leaves promptly at the listed “Cruise Time” and passengers will not be able to board once the ship sets sail.May I bring my own camera on board?
Guests are more than welcome to bring their own camera for personal pictures aboard the ship.Is smoking allowed on the cruise?
Smoking is allowed on the observation deck.Are there security measures in place upon arrival to Mount Vernon?
Yes. As of December 14, 2015, the following security measures are in place:
- All bags/containers larger than 16x16x8 inches are strictly prohibited from the property.
- All bags/containers will be searched upon arrival.
- The following items are prohibited:
- Weapons/firearms not in compliance with Virginia law
- Knives/blades longer than 3.5 inches
- Flammable liquids, gases, and aerosols
- Fireworks and related materials
- Other items deemed dangerous or suspicious
- Food and beverages, except water