What are the hours of operation?
The New York Botanical Garden is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, and is closed Mondays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.Where is the New York Botanical Garden located?
The Garden is located at Bronx River Parkway and Fordham Road in the Bronx and is easy to reach by car, subway, bus, and Metro-North.Are gardens indoors or outdoors?
Both! Most of the Garden’s 250 acres are outdoors, so please plan your outfit and visit accordingly.Can I bring large bags and/or luggage?
No. The Garden does not have coat-check facilities and certain items are prohibited in various indoor spaces.Are strollers permitted?
Yes. Strollers are allowed throughout the Garden grounds with the exception of the Conservatory, Discovery Center, Ross Hall, and Art Gallery. Stroller parking is available at these locations. Garden trams can accommodate strollers, but only if they are fully collapsed and fit in designated storage spaces. Large backpacks and bags are not allowed in the Art Gallery. The Garden reserves the right to inspect all bags.Can I bring an easel, tripod, monopod, drone, and/or selfie stick to the Garden?
No. These items are strictly prohibited.Are the gardens accessible?
The Garden, its buildings, and its tour vehicles are accessible to people with disabilities, with the exception of a few areas where the terrain is naturally uneven. Wheelchairs are available free of charge at all entry points, on a first-come, first-served basis (reservations are not accepted). An ID must be left with Visitor Services.What else do I need to know about visiting?
It is recommended that guests do:
- Stay on paths.
- Deposit trash, recyclables, and compost in designated receptacles.
- Picnic in the designated picnic area—Clay Family Picnic Pavilion.
- Wear shirts and shoes at all times.
- Arrive with an adult if under 16.
Guests are not allowed to:
Is parking available?
- Walk on the grass.
- Pick flowers.
- Touch plants, trees, art installations or any special exhibition pieces.
- Carve your name, initials, date, etc. into any NYBG property.
- Climb trees or rocks.
- Feed or approach animals or birds.
- Bring pets or animals.
- Smoke; e-cigarettes included.
- Bring outside alcohol.
- Eat outside food in designated dining facilities. Outside food is only allowed at the Clay Family Picnic Pavilions.
- Build fires.
- Use portable radios or sound reproductive devices.
- Engage in recreational sports or bring sporting equipment, including scooters for recreation.
- Play, sunbathe, or bring blankets onto the Garden’s lawns.
- Throw rice, confetti, birdseed, flowers or bring balloons.
- Host events at the Garden without written approval.
- Restrict foot traffic by blocking off walking paths, or directing traffic within the Garden.
- Bring multiple changes of clothes for personal photo/film shoots.
Yes. Parking is available for an additional fee:
Are food and beverages available for purchase?
- Tuesday – Friday: $17 per vehicle
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday openings, and holiday weeks: $20 per vehicle
Yes, the New York Botanical Garden has several options for dining on-site as well as food trucks for select dates and events.