Pearl Harbor Tour Recalls Events of WWII in Pacific:
By taking the Pearl Harbor Remembered Tour, you’ll experience the symbolic “bookends” of World War II in the Pacific. First, you’ll visit the USS Arizona Memorial. This graceful structure spans the sunken battleship, whose bombing on December 7, 1941, propelled America into the war. Later, you’ll visit the restored USS Missouri battleship. This is where Imperial Japan formally surrendered to the Allies on September 2, 1945.
Your guide for the Pearl Harbor Remembered Tour will share knowledge of and appreciation for these historic sites. Accordingly, you’ll always remember this excursion. We’ll handle all the details, including transportation, entrance fees, and tickets. Just relax and come along for the ride.History on Display at USS Arizona Memorial & Visitor Center:
In the early morning, we’ll head toward Pearl Harbor. You’ll explore the Pacific Historic Parks' Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. By doing so, you’ll learn about events before, during, and after the devastating attack. Tragically, more than 2,400 American sailors, soldiers, marines, and civilians perished that day.
Next, you’ll take a shuttle boat to the USS Arizona Memorial. This is where visitors from around the world pause to reflect while gazing at the ruins of this battleship.‘Mighty Mo’ Stands Watch Over Sunken Sister Ship:
Later, you’ll board the nearby USS Missouri, which stands watch over its sunken sister ship. You’ll learn about “Mighty Mo’s” wartime history. This includes serving as the site where Imperial Japan formally surrendered to the Allies in Tokyo Bay. As you explore this ship, you’ll see a signed copy of the surrender document that ended the war.
Upon leaving Pearl Harbor, your guide will take you through downtown Honolulu. As you do so, you’ll learn about Hawaii’s history as a monarchy, a territory, and eventually America’s 50th state.Note
- Security restrictions at Pearl Harbor will be enforced. Please do not bring bags or anything that could offer concealment. Storage is available at Pearl Harbor for $6.00 per bag.
- On rare occasions, the Navy unexpectedly suspends shuttle operations to the USS Arizona Memorial. In such a case, you will still be able to visit the many Arizona Memorial exhibits, films, visitor’s centers, and park monuments.
- Dress comfortably, but please remember that shirts and shoes are required on the USS Arizona Memorial; swimsuits are not permitted. High heels, dresses, and skirts are not recommended.
- Snacks are available at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and the Battleship Missouri gift shop on their own.
- Guide reserves the right to adjust the route for maximum visitor enjoyment and safety.
- Be ready for spur-of-the-moment stops, unexpected views, and special sightseeing along the way!