A gritty metropolis of steel and glass, the Windy City’s legacy extends far beyond architecture, jazz, and gangsters. Eager epicureans flock to all reaches of Chicago from Wicker Park to River North to sample the iconic foods of this Midwestern mecca.
Chicago food tours offer the tastiest way to dive into the history and culture of the Second City. Follow along to learn everything you need to know about your Bobby’s Bike Hike Chicago Food Tour.
Pull on those stretchy pants because it’s time to sample everything from the Chi-town’s signature Italian beef sandwich to a slice of sauce-laden deep-dish pizza.
Get in those steps as you traverse the streets of Chinatown and munch away on dim sum. Or relish craft beer and cupcakes as you conquer a 14-mile bike tour.
From Chicago-style hot dogs to the origins of the chocolate brownie, Chicago food adventures bring the sights and flavors of Chi-town to life.
Chicago Food Tour Discount Tickets
Can’t wait to start strolling through the Windy City hot dog in hand? The best way to ensure you never pay top dollar for your Chicago food tour is to reserve your tickets ahead of time.
Whether you are looking to savor Chi-town classics or want to mix it up with a Chinatown adventure, we have Bobby’s Bike Hike Food Tours for all tastes:
- Chicago's Chinatown Food and Walking Tour - an amazing amalgam of culture and cuisine this 2.5-hour walking tour will cover 1 mile of delectable eats in Chicago’s famous Chinatown. Load up on dim sum, Szechuan chicken, and Portuguese-Chinese bakery treats as you learn about the fascinating history of this area.
- Bikes, Bites, & Brews - pizza, cupcakes, and peddling oh my! Put those legs to the test, as you bike 13 miles through some of Chi-town’s most delicious neighborhoods. From the Lakefront Trail to the charming Wrigleyville district, you'll pair your sightseeing with plenty of suds, pizza, and cupcakes.
- Chicago Favorites Food and Walking Tour - landmarks and Italian beef sandwiches come together in perfect harmony on this walking tour of Chicago favorites. Spot the Cloud Bean, soak in sparkling River views, and visit the Billy Goat Tavern. Compliment this epic day of sights with some quintessential samples of local craft beer, brownies, relish, and onion-topped hot dogs.
Chicago Food Tour Coupons and Discounts
Shopping sprees on Millenium Mile and tickets to the Chicago Cubs don't come cheap! Save your precious dollars for even more Windy City fun when you take advantage of the following Bobby’s Bike Hike deals and discounts:
Chicago Food Tour Military Discount
Living heroes walk among us, and they are members of the U.S. Military. While Bobby’s Bike Hike is in awe of the loyalty and sacrifice of the military, at this time there are no active military discounts.
Related Post: 3 Days in Chicago: How to Make the Most of 72 Hours
Chicago Food Tour AAA Discount
Beep, beep! No one appreciates a friendly tow or flat tire change more than Bobby. However, currently there are no AAA discounts being offered for Bobby’s Bike Hike.
Chicago Food Tour Senior Discount
Thousands of Seniors have pedaled and walked their way through Chi-town's most tempting eats. As long as your favorite elder is mobile they will surely enjoy munching their way through Chicago. Unfortunately, at this time there are no Senior specific deals.
Chicago Food Tour Group Travel Deals
Pillowing soft dumplings and pizza so drenched in sauce and cheese it needs to be eaten with a fork! The treasures of Chicago are so rich they deserve to be shared. All of Bobby’s Bike Hike tours make for an awesome group activity, and you can inquire about special group rates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicago Vacation Packages
Awe-inspiring Willis Tower views, Shoreline Architecture River cruises, and afternoons at the Art Institute. While it’s certainly tempting to spend all your time in Chicago eating and drinking, this capital is overflowing with tons of top-tier sights that don’t involve your stomach.
Make the most of your Windy City getaway and save some coin when you combine your food tour with countless other attractions:
- Go Chicago Explorer Pass + Chicago's Chinatown Food and Walking Tour
- Chinatown Food and Walking Tour + Medieval Times Dinner Combo
- Mercury's Canine Cruise + Bikes, Bites, & Brew
- Bikes, Bites, & Brews + Big Bus Tours Chicago
- Chicago Favorites Food & Walking Tour + Shoreline Sightseeing Boat Tour
- 3D Fireworks Cruise + Chicago Favorite Food & Walking Tour
- Art Institute of Chicago Skip-the-Line + Chicago Favorite Food & Walking Tour
- Chicago Favorites Food & Walking Tour + Medieval Times Dinner
Is your gastronomical escape part of a larger Second City sojourn? Let this glittering jewel of the Midwest reveal her glamour and grit when you extend your stay and book any of our exclusive Chicago Hotels.
Relish boutique accommodations just minutes from Wrigley Field, or pamper yourself with luxury amenities and marble-tiled bathrooms in Hyde Park. Wherever you decide to rest your head, make your reservation worry-free, knowing you are always guaranteed our lowest rates online.
Chicago Food Tour Hotel Packages
With mountains of museums, dazzling nightlife, and social media-worthy selfies in front of the Navy Pier, it’s hard to beat the thrill of a Chicago vacation.
Take your Windy City reprieve to the next level and score some pocket change, when you bundle your Bobby’s Bike Hike Food Tour with your accommodations:
- Chinatown Food and Walking Tour + Hotel Package
- Chicago Favorites Food & Walking Tour + Hotel Package
Squeeze out every last second of Second City excitement when you explore everywhere from Hyde Park to the West Loop. Fill up on more than just morsels of Xi’an cuisine and slices of deep dish, when you book additional Chicago attractions.
Journey to far-away solar systems, admire the color play of Picasso, or get the 411 on Al Capone’s most grisly crimes:
- Adler Planetarium - America’s first planetarium allows stargazers of all ages to travel to the solar systems of 2096 or discover how the U.S. put a man on the moon. Witness dazzling live shows like Skywatch Live and Imagine the Moon, or stop by for a snack at Café Galileo's.
- Chicago Crime Tours - calling all true crime junkies! You won't want to miss this bloody good 1.5-hour tour that takes you through the hardened histories and violent crimes of Al Capone, John Dillinger, Terrible Tommy, and more.
- Art Institute of Chicago - this award-winning art museum is home to over 300,000 works of art from around the world. Admire the pop art prowess of Andy Warhol and Cindy Sherman. Or pay your respects to influential painters like Vincent van Gogh, Mary Cassatt, and Edward Hopper.
About Chicago Food Tours
Have you been dreaming about a slice of Lou Malnati’s pizza? Before we dive headfirst into the most carbolicious Chicago offerings, let’s learn about Bobby’s Bike Hike. Renowned throughout the industry, and ranked as the #1 sightseeing tour on Tripadvisor, Bobby’s Bike Hike has been offering Chicago tours for over 20 years.
A Bobby’s Food Tour will expose you to the culinary innovations and creativities of the Windy City. Let your tours guide you through delicious bites of Mongolian Hotpot, Italian Beef, and Portuguese egg tart. Choose from a medley of food tour options and devour bites from mom-and-pop specialty stores to some of the city’s most famous restaurants.
Are you a food tour newbie? Don’t get left in the dust! Pay attention to our top food tour tips and advice, and you’ll handle your day of walking, biking, and grubbing like a pro:
- Bobby’s Bike Hike Tours are extremely popular, especially on weekends, so we recommend buying your tickets well in advance.
- Pay attention to the suggested age ranges for the various food tours.
- Please note, only adults 21 years and older will be able to participate in beer samplings.
- Want to get hoppy on the Chicago Favorites Food and Walking Tour? You can opt for a VIP Beer add-on.
- Vegetarian substitutions can be provided on all food tours. Gluten-free substitutes are available on some tours. For other food allergies, we encourage you to alert your guide ahead of time, and ask questions along the way to see if a substitution can be provided.
- Bike Tours will provide bikes and all necessary equipment, including small pouches for storage of your wallet/cell phone/keys.
- We suggest checking the weather and dressing in lots of comfortable, loose-fitting layers. Weather in Chicago is quite volatile, and temperatures can greatly fluctuate based on the direction of the winds. For all walking and bike tours, we recommend tennis shoes or sneakers.
What to Bring
Stumped on what to bring on your walking or bike food tour? Don’t worry as we’ve got the inside scoop on all your food tour essentials:
- Personal ID
- Credit Card
- Cash to tip the guide
- Cell phone and/or camera
- Sweater and/or light jacket
- Personal water bottle
- Hand wipes/sanitizer
Can I Bring My Own Food?
Worried you’ll still be peckish after your feasting of spicy noodles, shumai, and frosting-laden cupcakes? Don’t be! Your Bobby’s Bike Hike food tour will leave you feeling very satisfied with their generous portion sizes.
As this is a food tour, no outside food will be allowed on the experience. However, those seeking a delicious dinner or lunch later on need only ask their knowledgeable tour guide for their favorite foodie recommendations.
Food Tour Parking
Bobby’s Bike Hike tours depart from different locations throughout the city, as a result, parking is not provided. We recommend utilizing public transit or Uber.
Related Post: Chicago River Cruises - Discount Tickets & Reviews
Chicago Food Tour Reviews
Home to Wrigley Field, the Riverwalk, and a staggering amount of dino skeletons, Chicago is an international city that oozes old-school Americana charm.
Both visitors and locals alike have long been captivated by the unique food influences that pepper this hub of art and culture.
Take your tastebuds on a journey through vibrant neighborhoods and local culinary scenes when you embark on any of Bobby’s Bike Hike Food Tours.
Savor the sweeping scenery of the Lakefront Trail as you make your way to samples of sublime craft beer. Or opt for a journey to the East with Chicago's Chinatown Food and Walking Tour.
Make your tummy exceptionally happy when you devour your very first slice of deep dish or assuage your sweet tooth with a rich brownie square.
Ready to put your fork in Chicago? Book your very own Chicago Food Tour today!
Have you done any food tours Chicago?
Leave a comment below!