With the Atlantic Ocean full of fresh fish, grabbing a reel and trying your luck at fishing is easy to do. Plus, the numerous Myrtle Beach piers make casting your rod and reel convenient and affordable.
The ocean waters of the Grand Strand create one of the most fun things to do in Myrtle Beach--saltwater fishing. The most common fish caught off the coast of Myrtle Beach are black sea bass, snapper, grouper, larger sea bass, trigger, dolphin, wahoo, and king mackerel.
Myrtle Beah Piers along the Grand Strand
Apache Campground Pier
9700 Kings Road
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Apache Pier is the East Coast's longest wooden fishing pier and it is open 365 days a year. While at the pier, check out the oceanfront restaurant and bar featuring live entertainment nightly during summer.
Rod rentals are available and include fishing gear, bait & tackle. Fishing prices are as follows:
- Walking on the Pier: $1 per person, off-season. $3 per person, summer. 12 and under are free.
- Fishing Pass: $9.50 per person. $4 for ages 12 and under.
- Rod Rentals: approximately $20.65 with a $35 deposit.
Cherry Grove Beach Pier
3500 N. Ocean Blvd.
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
The Cherry Grove Pier is the home of many award-winning catches including a world-record 1780 lb. Tiger Shark and a record 98 lb. Tarpon. The pier's Tackle and Gift Shop also has everything you need for a full day of fishing.
- One-Day Fishing Pass with your own rod: $3.50
- One-Day Fishing Pass + rod: $7.50 per rod
- Rod Rentals: $24.00 for all day (with a $30 deposit), $16.00 for half day after 3:00 pm.
- Crab Nets: $6.00 each
- King Mackerel Passes: $16.00 per day with personal proper setup.
- Pier Walking: $3.00 per person
Myrtle Beach State Park
4401 South Kings HWY
Myrtle Beach, SC 29575
This state park has a lot to offer, including pier fishing. While at the park, be sure to explore the hiking trails, walk the pier, and even rent a camping spot. The costs for fishing at the Myrtle Beach State Park are as follows:
- Ages 16 and older: $5.00
- Senior Citizen (65+): $3.25
- Ages 6-15: $2.50
- Ages 5 and under: Free
- Rod Rentals: $10.00 per day with a $25.00 deposit.
1304 N. Ocean Blvd.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
This Myrtle Beach pier is located in the downtown area, along with a restaurant of the same name. Be sure to grab a bite to eat at the restaurant after a full day of fishing!
Pier fishing prices include:
- Walking on the Pier: Free
- Fishing Pass: $7.00
- Pole Rental: $8.00 with $20.00 deposit
- Additional Pole: $2.00 (Limit 2 poles per person)
Bait is also available for sale:
- Squid: $5.00
- Shrimp: $6.00
- Mullet: $6.00
- Finger Mullet: $6.00
The Pier at Garden City
110 S. Waccamaw Drive Fr
Garden City Beach, SC 29576
Phone: 843- 651-9700
The Pier at Garden City is 668 feet long with a rain shelter at the end of the pier. There is no charge to walk on the pier to enjoy the view and check out the daily catches of the fishermen.
Fishing prices are as follows:
- Children ages 12 and under: $4.75
- 7-Day Pass: $50.00
- Rod Rentals: $9.00 plus a $15.00 deposit
Second Avenue Pier
110 N. Ocean Blvd.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Recently renovated, the Second Avenue Pier is a Grand Strand landmark. The pier boasts a restaurant, open-air bar, and excellent views, along with the opportunity to fish.
Fishing and bait prices include:
- General Admission: $2.00
- Daily Fishing Pass: $10.00
- Rod Rental Package: $27.50 (includes fishing pass, rod rental, and one tray of bait)
- Deposit for Rental Package: $10.00 (cash or drivers license)
- Frozen Shrimp: $7.00 + tax
- Frozen Squid: $7.00 + tax
- Frozen Mullet: $7.00 + tax
Go Fish at the Best Myrtle Beach Piers
Myrtle Beach piers offer visitors the best fishing opportunities. Be sure to book your Myrtle Beach hotel or condo and plan ahead!