Can I bring food or alcohol to Ober Gatlingburg?
Outside food and beverages, including alcoholic beverages, are not allowed on to the Aerial Tramway or Ober Gatlinburg premises. Beer is available for consumption in Ober’s Snack bar, and alcoholic beverages are available in the Seasons of Ober Restaurant and The Loft Lounge.
Does Ober Gatlinburg rent strollers and wheelchairs?
A limited number of single and double strollers are available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis. Single strollers are $4.00 per day, and double strollers are $6.00 per day. Unfortunately, we do not rent wheelchairs at this time.
How much is parking?
Parking is $8.00 CASH per standard-size vehicle. Parking is not available on the mountain for buses and over-sized vehicles on weekends and holidays. Sorry, all parking must be paid with cash – no credit cards accepted.
How often does the aerial tram leave?
The Tram leaves every 20 minutes, taking you on a beautiful 10 minute, 2.1-mile long ride between our downtown tram terminal and our resort on top of the mountain.
Is there an ATM located at Ober Gatlinburg?
ATM machines are located in the Downtown Tramway Mall next to the River Road entrance, and in the Ober Gatlinburg Mall near the hallway entrance to the Ober’s Snack bar (ATM 1) and to the left side of the Fudge Shop (ATM 2).
What is the pet policy at Ober Gatlinburg?
Pets are not permitted in the Tramway Mall, the Aerial Tramway, or on any premises at Ober Gatlinburg. Service animals for guests with disabilities are permitted.
Where are the first aid stations?
Ober Gatlinburg staffs the Operations Office with medical personnel during operating hours. The Operations Office is located at the end of the walkway near the Alpine Slide/Scenic Chairlift entrance.
Additionally, in the winter months, the Ober Gatlinburg Ski Patrol is available during all slope hours. The Ski Patrol consists of approximately 60 paid and unpaid volunteers all trained in Outdoor Emergency Care – a certification course in first aid, CPR, and other pre-hospital care and treatment for possible injuries – and are part of a larger international organization, the National Ski Patrol System (NSPS) which includes almost 30,000 patrollers.
What activities are located at the top of the mountain?
Ober Gatlinburg Ski Area and Amusement Park offer activities for all ages. Shopping and dining, indoor ice skating, Wildlife Encounter, Alpine Slide, scenic chairlift, Kiddie Land and Rides, winter skiing and snowboarding, a Rock Wall, Ski Mountain Coaster, and so much more are offered at the top of the mountain.
Does it cost money to participate in the activities at the top of the mountain?
Yes, while at Ober Gatlinburg, you may purchase a wristband or attraction tickets that will allow you to participate in the activities at the top of the mountain.
- Basic Wristband: Includes the Scenic Chairlift, Alpine Slide, Blue Cyclone Rapids, Lightnin’ Water Ride, Shoot-the-Chute Water Ride, Amaze’N Maze, Rock Wall, Chair Swing, Mini Golf, Kiddie Rides, and Carousel.
- Premium Wristband: Includes the Scenic Chairlift, Alpine Slide, Blue Cyclone Rapids, Lightnin’ Water Ride, Shoot-the-Chute Water Ride, Amaze’N Maze, Rock Wall, Chair Swing, Mini Golf, Kiddie Rides, Carousel, Wildlife Encounter, 3 Hours of Ice Skating, and 1 Ride on the Ski Mountain Coaster.
- Alpine Slide - Weight limit of 300 lbs, ages 6 and under ride with an adult.
- Scenic Chairlift - Weight limit of 600 lbs, ages 6 & under ride with an adult.
- Carousel - Children under 36" must ride with an adult.
- Chair Swing
- Mini Golf
- Amaze'N Maze
- Kiddie Rides and Kiddie Land
- Wildlife Encounter
- Ice Bumper Cars - Must be 7 years or older to ride alone. Ages 3 – 6 years must ride with adult (18 yrs or older). Riders cannot exceed a combined weight of 300 lbs.
- Rock Wall - Climbers but be a minimum weight of 45 lbs.
- Ice Skating - Includes 3 hours of continuous session and skates.
- Ski Rental - Includes skis/boots/poles and equipment breakage insurance.
- Snowboard Rental - Includes board and boots.
- Ski Mountain Coaster
What are the ride restrictions for the ski mountain coaster?
- Children under 3 years of age are not allowed to ride.
- Pregnant women “should not” ride (manufacturer recommendation).
- Must be 9 years or older to ride alone.
- Children under 9 years are only allowed to ride with someone 18 years or older, who has been given the responsibility by the person responsible for the child’s supervision.
- To ride double, the brake controller must be 18 years or older.
- No food, gum, drinks, cameras, recording devices, or cell phones are permitted on this ride.
- Shoes required, secure on feet during the ride.
- Loose items are not permitted on this ride.
- Brake controller must be able to operate both levers.
- Minimum height: Rear, 52" – Front, 36".
- Maximum Combined Weight per Cart: 300 lbs.
For skiing and snowboarding, when does the area open/close for the season?
We usually open around mid-December, and our typical closing date is early to mid-March. We open as soon as we have made enough snow to cover most of the trails. The opening and closing dates vary depending on the weather.
What are the mountain statistics of the Ober Gatlinburg Ski Area?
Ober Gatlinburg offers 10 ski trails serviced by two quad and one double chairlift, which keeps you out of lift lines and on the slopes. When temperatures drop, our snowmaking equipment blankets 100% of our slopes. Slopes are maintained with the latest in snow-grooming equipment to provide a smoother, more consistent surface creating enjoyable skiing conditions.
- Summit Elevation: 3300 feet
- Base Elevation: 2700 feet
- Vertical Drop: 600 feet
- Longest Run: 5000 feet
- 10 Trails and 1 Terrain Park
- 2 Quad Lifts, 1 Double, 1 Handle tow
Are ski/snowboard tickets available for purchase at Ober Gatlinburg?
Yes. Ski area tickets give you access to the ski slopes for one session of skiing or snowboarding. Tickets are good for unlimited use of the ski slopes during your session. Everyone must have a current valid Ski Area Ticket (and ski/snowboard equipment) at all times to enter the slopes.
Ticket prices vary based on age and day/night time.
Can you rent ski clothing?
Yes, you can rent snow pants, ski jackets, and helmets for a fee, with a deposit. All items are rented on a first-come-first-serve basis.
May I bring our sleds and use them on your slopes?
Sorry, sleds are not allowed on our slopes.
What should I wear for skiing, snowboarding, or tubing?
The best way to dress for winter is to wear layers. This gives you more flexibility to add or remove layers, depending on the weather and your activity. Turtleneck shirts, sweaters, long underwear, and footless tights work well as under-layers. Wear one pair of socks. Ski boots and snowboard boots have liners. Wear appropriate hats, goggles, gloves, sunglasses, etc. for the weather conditions.
Be sure to wear pants or jackets/shirts with a hole or loop to fasten the lift or tubing tickets such as a zipper pull, button-hole, or belt loop.
What size are ski/snowboard boots offered at Ober Gatlinburg?
Ski boot rentals run Child’s 6-13, Junior 1-3 and Adult 4-16. Snowboard boot rentals run Child’s 11-13, Junior 1-3, and Adult size 4-14.
Is Ober Gatlinburg open on holidays?
Yes, we are open on every Holiday of the year, with extended hours on and around many of these. The only exception is shorter hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but we are OPEN both days.