Bursting with color, creativity, and a unique perspective on human culture, the Blue Man Group Chicago show simply cannot be missed!
Read on to discover our exclusive Insider's Guide to everything Blue in the Second City.
Welcome to Chi-Town, where the pizza is deep, the Sox are white, and the men are Blue! The Blue Man Group has been a staple of the Chicago theater scene since 1990, when they made their debut as a special guest on Milly's Orchid Show at Park West.
Related Post: Current Events and Festivals in Chicago
Their intriguing three-man performance spectacularly weaves together quirky comedic gold, paint, music, and food for one memorable show.
Today the infamous Blue Men can be found at the Briar Street Theater, where they have resided since 1997.
From world-class art museums to stunning architecture, and a midwestern friendliness that just can't be beaten, the Second City is a top-tier destination for any traveler.
Experience more of Chicago when you opt to spend a night or three in the Windy City.
Sleep in sleek sophistication by Hyde Park. Or, instead, opt for a hotel close to the Navy Pier to be close to the shops and restaurants along Michigan Avenue. With such a wide range of choices for Chicago Hotels, you are bound to book the lodgings of your dreams!
An effervescent explosion of color, an exorbitant amount of blue grease paint, and a pinch of imagination get molded together to create the unique Blue Man Group Chicago show.
Immerse yourself in the midst of this interactive performance when you pre-purchase your Blue Man Chicago tickets.
Even better, turn your Blue Man evening into an incredible Chicago getaway when you bundle your tickets for an inclusive Blue Man Chicago Package.
Travel like a true Chi-town local when you hop aboard the L train. While we can't promise you'll leave Blue Man Group Chicago paint-free, we swear riding the subway here is as easy as can be.
Related Post: How to Vacation in Chicago on a Budget
- The Brown, Purple, or Red line: exit the subway at the Belmont Street stop and walk approximately six minutes to the theater
- The Brown or Purple line: exit the subway at the Wellington Street stop and walk approximately eight minutes to the theater
Can't Miss Chicago Blue Man Moments:
When a show has run for over three decades, you might be worried about some not-so-fresh content. However, Chi-town has banished these worries, as the Blue Man show remains as invigorating, exciting, and timely as ever.
The intimate setting of the Briar Street Theater provides the perfect backdrop for which this cerulean trio to play, dance, and perform.
Related Post: Chicago for Kids: The Ultimate Parent’s Guide
Stimulating giant graphics, blacklight artwork, and PVC pipe instruments are all utilized to explore modern self-expression, technology, and connection themes.
Our favorite can't miss moments from the Chicago show include:
- The ingenious use of the GiPad = a giant tablet that communicates with the silent men
- Intimate audience interactions, which include throwing food into a Blue Man's mouth!
- Epic drumming on PVC pipes
- A joyous finale complete with streamers, floating big white balls, and an audience dance party
Food & Drink
Feeling peckish after your evening of timeless stories, audience participation, and buckets of paint?
Afterward, refuel at any number of restaurants by the theater, some of which even offer discounts for ticket holders.
Related Post: Top Attractions in Chicago
For a quick pre or post-show dinner, we love stopping by:
- Wilde Bar & Restaurant - enjoy pub staples such as curried mussels, fish and chips, and hearty shepherd's pie at this upscale restaurant and bar.
- The Clark St. Dog - a no-frills joint where you can indulge in your Chicago hot dog cravings sans shame! Try a classic Clark Street Hot Dog with all the fixins or an old-fashioned Polish sausage.
And for a tasty post-show drink and debrief:
- Sheffield's Chicago - a spacious outdoor patio and extensive beer list makes Sheffields an ideal spot for any lover of lager!
- Cesar's Killer Margarita - craving some South of the border flavor? Try some of Chi-towns best margaritas, with exotic flavors such as guava, orange passion, and tamarindo.
Hijinks, physical comedy, strobe lights, and more all come together to create an indescribable live performance that transcends language, custom, and culture.
Related Post: 32 Totally Free Things to Do in Chicago
Audience members will be dancing in their seats, soaking up multi-colored paint spray, and jamming along to PVC pipe drumming, all while forging a deeper connection with their blue brethren. So take a cue from the men that beat the giant Drum and follow your own bliss when you book your Blue Man Group Chicago tickets today!