from Private Walking Tour of Seattle: Highlights of the Pacific Northwest
With stunning Puget Sound and Mt. Rainier as a backdrop, this private walking tour of Seattle offers so much more than the Pike Place Market and the Space Needle.
On your private walking tour of Seattle, you will:
- Begin at Seattle’s Elliott Bay, where ferries run all day, with a stroll along its picturesque waterfront.
- Walk the pavements and bustling streets around Pike Market, where your guide will offer an orientation into its incredible food scene. Mix with the locals and enjoy a bite of whatever suits your fancy.
- Hop aboard Seattle's monorail for a quick transfer through the heart of downtown.
- Finish the tour with a combined ticket to the iconic Space Needle and Chihuly Glass and Gardens.
- From the Space Needle, enjoy sweeping views of the entire city, Puget Sound, the Cascades, and the Olympic Mountains.
- After visiting the space needle, visit the spectacular, must-see works of Dale Chihuly at Chihuly Gardens and Glass.
- Please note: your Space Needle ticket has a fixed entrance time, while you’ll be able to enter Chihuly Gardens and Glass at any point during the rest of the day.
This tour of Seattle is a wonderful introduction to a beautiful Pacific Northwest city. The tour covers both the iconic landmarks of 100 years’ old Pike Place Market and tickets to the city’s must-see, must-do attractions, so you’ll be immersed in the beating heart of this fantastic city. You will also see and learn how companies like Microsoft and Amazon have propelled Seattle into the great city it is today.
After approximately two hours, your guide will drop you off at the entrance to the Seattle Space Needle with timed entrance tickets, where you will ascend the elevator for spectacular views of the Sound and surrounding mountain ranges. On clear days, you’ll see some of the most incredible mountain ranges and waterscapes of any urban setting on earth.
After your time in the Space Needle, you can use your ticket to enter Chihuly Garden and Glass, which is one of the best-curated collections of blown glass outside of Venice, Italy. Along with occasional glassblowing demonstrations, your admission to Chihuly includes a stroll along the gardens to view the amazing displays of vibrantly colored glasswork nestled among the greenery and hanging in glass atriums. See the work of Washington’s famed glassblower, who has achieved worldwide fame through glassblowing, while making the state a hub for the master craft.Helpful tips
The Space Needle does not offer skip-the-line tickets and can have queues for up to an hour on the weekend, even with a fixed entrance time. We recommend, where possible, booking this tour on weekdays. Additionally, after the Space Needle, you will be free to enter Chihuly Garden and Glass at your leisure, so we recommend planning to grab a bite of food and returning to thoroughly enjoy the spectacular experience. Most people spend easily an hour at Chihuly Garden and Glass.