from Experience Nutridge Luau
Quickly setting the new standard for a backyard homestyle luau. A unique, hands-on, intimate, and truly magical 5-star experience. Our guests say this is everything they hoped for and more. Become part of our ohana (family) as you visit the Nutridge Estate. Walk through a rainforest, help us build an imu (underground oven), and enjoy "front-row seat" throughout with our small group family homestyle luau. We encourage everyone to come and experience the magic first-hand. Book your "truly magical" luau experience today!History-From Sweet Potatoes to Macadamia Nuts-
The Nutridge House is located inside of the Pu'u ' Ualaka'a Wayside Park, in the heart of Tantalus. In the Hawaiian language, the name of the state park refers to a crop that was once grown here. "Pu'u Ualaka'a" literally means "rolling sweet potato hill." Under King Kamehameha I, Maliki-Tantalus forest was cleared and planted with sweet potato, giving it its name.
In 1921 a man named Ernest Shelton Van Tassel was granted the lease by the Territory of Hawaii to begin planting Australian macadamia nut trees on the 22 acres of land within the Pu'u ' Ualaka'a Wayside Park creating Hawaii Macadamia Nut Ltd., the island's first macadamia nut plantation. At its height, the company had approximately 2,000 macadamia nut trees growing in the Nutridge grove.Experience Nutridge Highlights
- Evening luau experience 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
- Allow you senses to be engaged during this exclusive, hands-on, interactive tour.
- Limited group size offers everyone “front row” involvement.
- See, feel, hear, touch and taste history.
- A traditional Hawaiian welcome protocol with a keepsake kukui nut lei upon arrival.
- Four hours of interactive activities.
- Hawaiian protocols, traditions, music, and dance.
- Cultural workshops and games.
- Farm to table dinner with complimentary soft drinks, juice or water.
- Two (2) complimentary alcoholic (Standard) drink coupon for those 21 years & older.
Hosting breathtaking sunset views along the edge of the rainforest, Nutridge Estate is the home of Hawaii's first macadamia nut plantation.Elvis
The Nutridge Estate has entertained iconic guests including Clark Gable, Frank Sinatra, and
Marilyn Monroe. Elvis spent some of his free time here during the filming of "Blue Hawaii."Farm to Table
Enjoy our local-style cuisine, farm-to-table dinner at this authentic, homestyle luau.Ticket Options
- Luau without Transportation