Will I see molten lava during this tour?
Due to the sporadic and sudden nature of molten lava, we cannot guarantee lava sightings.What should I wear for the tour?
Guests must wear sturdy hiking shoes in order to participate in the Evening Volcano Explorer tour. Flip flops, sandals, and slippers are not permitted on the tour. A light jacket, sunglasses, and hat are recommended. Guests should wear weather and activity appropriate clothing.How long is the tour?
The tour is approximately 6-7 hours long from beginning to end.Should I eat before the tour?
A picnic lunch and dinner is included in your tour price and experience.Will the tour operate in the case of rain?
Yes. Tours operate rain or shine.What health restrictions are in place?
Guests must be able to navigate stairs, walk for 20 minutes unassisted, stand without assistance, and walk on uneven terrain.Are there other tour restrictions I should know about?
Yes. The following tour restrictions and regulations apply:
- State law requires child safety seats for all guests under 4 years of age.
- Booster seats required for all guests between ages 4 and 7 and under 4 feet 9 inches tall and 80 pounds weight.
- Guests under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Volcanic emissions, including sulfur gas, may affect those with respiratory concerns.
- Participants should be prepared for immediate evacuation in accordance with directions given by County, State and/or Federal officials.
We are able to provide booster and safety seats for children who require them if given advance notice. Please note your request for a booster and/or safety seat when making your reservation.What should I bring on the tour?
Guests must bring and present a government-issued ID. If desired, guests may bring a video camera/camera.What is included in my tour?
The following items are included in your tour experience:
I have a food allergy or dietary restriction. Can this be accommodated?
- Military-grade LED flashlights
- Walking sticks
- Camera tripod to share
- Mosquito repellant
- Snacks and beverages (water, juice, soda) all day
- Picnic lunch at the Kona coffee farm and dinner at Volcano Winery (dietary requirements and restrictions accommodated on request with advance notice)
- All entrance fees
- Access to private locations
Yes. Given advance notice, all food allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please note this request when making your reservation.