Picture perfect beaches that beckon with aquamarine waters plus a lush expanse of jungle, it’s no wonder Maui has earned the nickname the Valley Isle.
While there are many ways to uncover the treasures of Hawaii’s second-largest island, sailing in Maui may be the most fun! Follow along to discover everything you need to know about Sail Maui.
From a romantic Maui sunset sail complete with Mai Tais and freshly baked banana bread to thrilling snorkeling tours of the crystal-clear waters at Molokini Crater, every Sail Maui trip offers something unique.
Meet the inhabitants of Maui’s underwater ecosystem as you traverse the West Coast and explore reefs, sea cliffs, and more.
Sip complimentary cocktails, enjoy a picnic lunch, or keep your eyes peeled for Spinner Dolphins - because you never know what magic you might encounter on a Sail Maui excursion!
Sail Maui Discount Tickets
Wondering which of Sail Maui’s sailing tours is right for you? While every Sail Maui experience delivers a healthy dose of Vitamin Sea, the perfect Sail Maui tour for you might differ depending if you prefer sunset sailing or snorkeling in the sunshine.
No matter what sea-worthy adventure you opt for, be sure to book your Sail Maui tickets ahead of time to secure your seat voyage for the date and time of your choosing:
- Maui Sunset Sail on Alihilani - Experience heaven here on Earth when you revel in the rose-tinted mountains and sugar-spun clouds that extend over Lana’i. Spend 2.5 hours soaking in the picturesque sunset from the comfort of your 65-foot catamaran. Indulge in delicious charcuterie, salads, and sparkling wine as you raise a glass to the majesty of the Aloha State.
- Lana'i Coast Snorkel - Calling all mermaids! Splash around in the pristine waters of the famous Lanai coast on this half-day snorkeling tour. Admire the privacy and seclusion afforded by uncrowded snorkeling sites as you come face to face with tropical fishes and friendly honu.
- Molokini Snorkel & Performance Sail - Make a move on Molokini! Discover the intricacies of one of Hawaii’s premier snorkeling spots on this 5-hour snorkeling cruise. Molokini is a crescent-shaped preserve overflowing with marine species. Take in the sunny landscape, indulge in an onboard breakfast and lunch spread, and possibly even spot a breaching humpback!*
- West Maui Snorkeling & Performance Sail - Rise and shine for an early morning snorkel and sail on this intimate 4.5-hour journey courtesy of the Paragon. Limited to 25 passengers, it will be an all-hands-on-deck experience as you set sail from Lahaina Harbor and make your way to Maui’s West Coast to swim and snorkel among a variety of vibrant sea life.
*Please note that whale sightings are seasonally dependent.
Sail Maui Coupons and Discounts
Luxurious beachfront resorts plus a slight addiction to Pina Coladas may make a tiny dent in your Maui vacation budget. Yet, thanks to the following sizzling Sail Maui discounts you’ll have plenty of cash to spare.
Sail Maui Military Discount
Hawaii and the military have a longstanding connection and Sail Maui is in awe of the loyalty, courage, and strength of the members of the U.S. Military. At this time military members can receive 15% off their Sail Maui tickets.
Sail Maui AAA Discount
Winding dirt roads and the steep cliffs of Maui make it even more pertinent to have proper roadside assistance. AAA members know there is no price tag on road safety and coverage.
While Sail Maui appreciates the diligence of AAA members, they are currently not offering any active discounts.
Sail Maui Senior Discount
Jaw-dropping sunsets of red, orange, and yellow plus ice-cold fruity cocktails will appeal to island lovers of all ages! Grandma and Grandpa will have a blast paddling around Maui's teeming reefs.
However, at this time, Sail Maui is not providing any Senior-specific discounts.
Sail Maui Local Discount
Are you lucky enough to call this Aloha State paradise home? While Sail Maui takes great pride in being a local business at this time no local Maui discounts are being honored.
Sail Maui Group Travel Deals
Want to make your Maui getaway even more memorable? Invite a group of your nearest and dearest to spot frolicking dolphins or witness the spellbinding beauty of the sea cliffs. Groups can call 1 800-590-8125 to inquire about group bookings.
Sail Maui Vacation Packages
Adrenaline-pumping zip line tours, awe-inspiring helicopter tours, plus the intricate history of the Hana highway. The mysteries and landmarks of the Valley Isle are just begging to be discovered.
Related Post: Waterfalls on Road to Hana: 7 Breathtaking Views
Treat yourself to even more Maui fun when you bundle your Sail Maui tour with any number of other top-tier Maui attractions. Combining your tickets allows you to see even more of the island and can afford you savings of up to 12%:
- Haleakala Sunrise Tour + Alihilani Sunset Sail
- NorthShore Zipline + Alihilani Sunset Sail
- Hana Highway Private Jeep Tours + Lana'i Coast Snorkel
- Maui Pickup + Lana'i Coast Snorkel
- Waterfalls of West Maui & Molokai Helicopter Tour + Molokini Snorkel & Performance Sail
- Maui's Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour + Molokini Snorkel & Performance Sail
- Hana Highway Private Jeep + West Maui Snorkeling & Performance Sail
- Molokai Voyage Helicopter Tour + West Maui Snorkeling & Performance Sail
- Spectacular Helicopter Tour + West Maui Snorkeling & Performance Sail
An oceanfront resort studded with palm trees and boasting five-star amenities? Yes, please! Take your Maui getaway to the next level when you extend your time in this island nirvana.
From friendly staff to convenient onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, and poolside bars, our Maui Hotels & Resorts offer a little something for everyone. As always, make your booking worry free knowing you are guaranteed our lowest rates online.
The sparkling azure beauty of the Pacific Ocean, plus famous sights such as the Haleakala crater, and the Hana Rainforest make it impossible to just spend one day discovering Maui.
In addition to your thrilling Sail Maui cruise, take a moment to appreciate Maui’s other premier activities and attractions:
- Northshore Zipline Canopy Tours - Ready to report for duty at Camp Maui? Strap in for hours of high-speed ziplining at North Shore Canopy Tours. Hold on tight, as you experience the freestyle flying of 7 ziplines reaching heights of 70 ft and speeds up to 40 mph.
- Complete Island Maui Helicopter Tour - Soar sky-high on this award-winning one-of-a-kind helicopter tour. An intriguing mix of both East and West Maui highlights, you’ll be privy to up to 1.5 hours of aerial Maui scenery including world-famous sights of Haleakala crater, Hana Town, Oheo Gulch, and the Hana Rainforest.
- The Feast at Mokapu Luau - Bring your appetite as you’ll want to devour every morsel of traditional Hawaiian cuisine at this authentic luau dinner. Sip handcrafted cocktails and witness the rich history and stories of Polynesian ancestors' past as you break bread on the sand shores of Mokapu Beach.
About Maui Sailing
Ahoy mate! Ready to feel that ocean breeze? Before you become one with the ocean, it’s time to learn a little bit about Sail Maui. Awarded both the Traveler’s Choice award and a certificate of excellence by Tripadvisor, Sail Maui takes great pride in bringing you the most intimate and authentic catamaran experience in Hawaii.
Related Post: Hike Maui: 13 of the Best Trails to Explore
Their tours feature high-performance sailing catamaran vessels that marry cutting-edge construction techniques with state-of-the-art mast technology. Guests can opt for an evening reprieve with a sunset sail Maui, where they will soak in the scenery while enjoying handcrafted cocktails and food.
Or, they can book an exclusive sailing charter for a more personal experience. Glimpse sea turtles while snorkeling through the reefs of Lana'i, or hold tight for a wind-swept sail back to the Lahaina Harbor.
More of a landlubber? If you’re feeling nervous about setting forth on the high seas, don’t fret! Take note of our expert Sail Maui tips and advice, and you’ll be just fine:
- As a general rule, we suggest checking in at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time at Lahaina Harbor.
- Sail Maui departures will take place at the Lahaina Harbor docks.
- Consult your specific Sail Maui tour for your check-in location.
- If booking a snorkeling trip please note that gear will be provided, but you are also more than welcome to bring along your own.
- For snorkeling tours, a rudimentary level of physical fitness and swimming ability is recommended.
- Vegetarian or gluten-free diet options can be provided on most tours with advance notice.
What to Bring
Oof! Nothing like an errant sunburn to really throw a wrench into your Maui plans! Ensure it’s nothing but smooth sailing on your Maui tour when you come fully prepared with the following:
- Camera and/or phone.
- Reef-safe sunscreen will be provided, but feel free to bring along your own favorite brand.
- Beach Towel
- Reusable water bottle
- Passport/ID if planning on consuming alcoholic beverages
- Light Jacket for later sails
Can I Bring Food Aboard?
Hours of snorkeling past Yellow Tangs and Lionfish can really work up that appetite. Luckily, all of Sail Maui’s excursions provide complimentary food and/or beverages.
From sunset snacks of Hawaiian cured beef and crackers to a light breakfast of tropical fruit and freshly baked banana bread, you will be well-fed! Nonetheless, if you think you need to pack a few extra snacks for sustenance, that’s fine.
Sail Maui Parking
Beep beep! Whether you are sporting an open-air jeep or a flashy convertible, you’re going to need somewhere to park that caboose. While Sail Maui does not provide parking, you can score public parking at the following nearby garages:
- 136 Dickenson Street Parking Lot
- 180 Dickenson Square Parking Lot
- 750 Luakini St, Lahaina, HI 96761 - free parking
Sail Maui Reviews
A wonderland of water, mountains, and sky, every inch of Maui is brimming with mana. From the gentle tendrils of the sea anemones swaying against the ocean current to the sweet taste of a perfectly ripe pineapple, beauty can be found in every moment on Maui.
Expand your Maui horizons when you abandon dry land for the thrill and breathtaking scenery of a Maui Sail.
Sailing Maui on a high-performance catamaran lets you relax under the warm sunshine of a cloudless sky as you seek out exclusive snorkeling sites, or just kick back on the forward trampolines.
Sail across Maalaea Bay, discover over 250 species of tropical fish, or celebrate a Humpback whale sighting.
From Molokini Crater snorkels to sparkling wine toasts “where the heavenly horizon meets the sea,” every Sail Maui trip is truly unforgettable.
Tell us, Have You Sailed Around Maui?
Which trip would you book first?