Myrtle Beach has a wealth of attractions, restaurants, shopping and seaside adventures for visitors to enjoy. Here’s what we recommend you do to ensure your vacation on the Grand Strand is a great one.
Top 5 Things to Do on your Myrtle Beach Vacation:
1) Stay Oceanfront: When you go on a beach vacation, there is simply nothing better than staying oceanfront. Falling asleep to the sound of waves crashing, waking up to see the sun glisten on the water and conveniently be able to walk directly from your hotel to the sandy beach makes a Myrtle Beach Oceanfront hotel worth the extra money. There are affordable oceanfront hotels available, though. A couple of moderately priced options include Springmaid Beach Resort, Schooner Beach Resort, Peppertree by the Sea and Landmark Resort.
2) Eat Calabash Seafood: Restaurants in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina serve up a special style of seafood called calabash. The Calabash name refers to a type of cooking in which seafood is lightly breaded and fried and typically served buffet style. On these Calabash seafood buffets, you’ll find every type of seafood (including crab legs), served in every style, along with pasta, meat carving stations, tasty side selections, salads, desserts, and, of course, hush puppies. I highly recommend trying The Original Benjamin’s Seafood Restaurant.
3) See a Show: Myrtle Beach is home to famous venues like the Alabama Theater and Carolina Opry. If you visit the Grand Stand without seeing One the Show or Carolina Opry, you really are missing out on some fantastic entertainment. For a show with a little more adventure and a little more appeal to the kiddos, reserve tickets to Pirates Voyage. The swashbuckling show features two pirate crews battling it out on the high seas for Davy Jones’ treasure. It’s great fun for the whole family.
4) Shop: Whether it’s a kitschy souvenir a tourist store or designer label from an upscale boutique, Myrtle Beach shopping has it all. There are a variety of unique stores at Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing and on Ocean Boulevard. Discount outlet shopping is available at Tanger Outlets and any outdoor enthusiast will have to make a stop at Bass Pro. Every time I visit Myrtle Beach I come back with something. The last time it was with three new swimsuits. The time before it was with cheesy yet awesome t-shirts from a Wings tourist shop. You’re sure to find something you can’t live without every time you visit.
5) Relax: Seriously. You’re on vacation. Take a day to spend at the beach where you have nothing scheduled but fun in the sun. Bring your favorite beach read, boogie board, sand castle buckets – whatever it is that makes your day at the beach great. Then, sit back, relax, look around. Listen to the ocean. Dig your toes into the sand. Now this is Myrtle Beach!