|Photo Credit: Dixie Stampede|
Searching for a show the whole family will enjoy? Pigeon Forge theaters showcase a variety of productions but these five shows are tried, tested and family approved! Purchase tickets for these top five family friendly Pigeon Forge shows for a fun night out with your loved ones.
1) Dixie Stampede: Dixie Stampede is family fun at its finest! With thirty-two magnificent horses and a cast of top-notch riders you’ll be thrilled with daring feats of trick riding and competition. A friendly North and South rivalry leads to plenty of cheering for your team, along with special audience participation segments that place you in the middle of the action. Enjoy original music, dancing, special effects and comedy along the way. A four-course fast is served too, and kids love that they get to eat with their hands.
2) Lumberjack Feud: Riveting competitions and a slapstick-comedy filled feud gains the attention of young and old alike. Watch as Lumberjack athletes compete in such areas as axe swinging, log rolling, tree climbing, and chainsaw carving action! Each lumberjack camp gets a wood cookie win they win a competition, which is then given to a kid in the audience as a special keepsake. The high-flying timber dogs were one of my favorite segments, as were the crazy antics of Camper Bob. Roaming bears and log pulling draft horses add to the excitement of the show, during which a scrumptious feast is served.
3) The Comedy Barn: Families love this show because of the non-stop laughs. Zany antics and hilarious skits combine with magicians, fire-eaters, jugglers, ventriloquists, comedians, live country and gospel music. The World Famous Comedy Barn Canines and Arnold, the Mind-Reading Pig, join in on the fun too. The Comedy Barn is the most award-winning family comedy show in the Smokies. Take your family to the show to see why!
4) Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Feud: Feudin’ and fightin’ set the stage for the Hatfield and McCoy show. It seems both families have been invited to the county dance and neither family is too pleased. Watch as the two families battle it out mountain-style. Singing, dancing, incredible stunts and side-splitting comedy – not to mention live animals – make this show one that keeps your attention! It seems the only thing these two families can agree on is good food, which Granny serves up during the as she tries to keep the peace. Luckily you’re invited to dinner too, so get ready for southern-cooking staples like fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cornbread.
5) Wonders of Magic: Affordable entertainment is a highlight of this WonderWorks show. Every member of the family can see the show for $12.49 a ticket. Plus, magician Terry Evanswood will keep kids captivated as he performs various illusions, magical tricks and Houdini-style escapes. You can also combine Wonders of Magic with WonderWorks tickets for a money-saving, attraction-filled day of fun.