Each year, thousands upon thousands of people travel to the Big Apple for the incredible festivals. From culinary events to cultural movements, the festivals in NYC are often the highlight of a visitor’s trip.
Thanks to the diverse NYC neighborhoods, there’s a festival for everyone and every interest in New York City. Spend time at these amazing festivals for a memorable New York City experience.
- Art, Music, and Entertainment Festivals
- Culinary Festivals
- Cultural/Lifestyle Festivals
- Quick Tips for Attending Festivals in NYC
Exciting Art, Music, and Entertainment Festivals in NYC
As you stroll through the five boroughs of NYC, it’s quite apparent that the city is filled with artistic talent. As a result, several festivals in NYC celebrate creative artists in every medium, from music to fine art. Whether you’re a dancer, a musician, a fine arts enthusiast, or just love the arts, these festivals are perfect for you.
- Tribeca Film Festival: All film fanatics have to go to this legendary film festival at least once!
- Museum Mile Festival: Enjoy free access to all the museums, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art on “Museum Mile”.
- Bryant Park Film Festival: Watch free movies in beautiful Bryant Park all summer long!
- New York Book Festival: Meet upcoming authors, submit your own novel for review, and get your hands on new books.
- New York International Fringe Festival: Visit the largest multi-arts festival in all of North America. Everything from music to the fine arts can be found here.
- NYC Horror Film Festival: If you love horror movies, this is the festival to attend. Guests can watch classic horror movies and discover new favorite films.
- New York Comedy Festival: Comedy fans from all over the globe flock to NYC for this side-splitting festival.
- Central Park SummerStage: Enjoy free concerts in Central Park throughout the months of June, July, August, and September.
- New York Musical Festival: This is the festival for musical theater hopefuls, fans, and current stars. Therefore, look for big Broadway up and coming stars here!
- New York Festival of Light: Experience unbelievable art created through lights in the growing Brooklyn neighborhood, DUMBO.
- Artexpo New York: Join art industry members and experts as they flock to NYC in search of the newest artists, styles, and more.
Culinary Festivals in NYC You Can’t Miss
If you’ve ever been to a food or beverage festival, you know how exciting (and yummy) it is. From delicious aromas filling the air to samples being passed out left and right, nothing beats a culinary festival.
If you’re a self-proclaimed foodie, attend these culinary festivals in NYC.
- NYC Food and Wine Festival: As the largest culinary festival in all of NYC, you’ll find renowned chefs, Food Network stars, and award-winning restaurants here.
- NYC Oktoberfest: Three weekends full of food, German culture, and fun. The best part of the whole festival is that it’s free to attend!
- Feast of San Gennaro: Manhattan’s Little Italy celebrates the early Italian immigrants with an 11-day celebration complete with seemingly endless amounts of fun.
- Madison Square Eats: Taste foods from around the globe in one of the greatest seasonal pop-up food festivals in NYC.
- Taste of Times Square: Head to Times Square for this outdoor food festival. Experience the sights and sounds of Times Square while tasting the top foods from around the city.
- Taste of TriBeCa: Support the local NYC public schools while sampling exquisite cuisine from one of the Big Apple’s popular neighborhoods.
- New York Coffee Festival: Can’t start the morning without your cup of joe? Join industry experts, consumers, and baristas for an interactive and educational coffee experience!
- Chocolate Week NYC: Do I really need to convince you to attend this festival? It’s a full week of chocolate. What could be better?
Visit These Spectacular Culture/Lifestyle Festivals in NYC
New York City is one of the most diverse cities in the world. As the home of Ellis Island and other culturally significant landmarks, it’s no wonder the city boasts so many cultural and lifestyle festivals. Get your ticket to these renowned festivals in NYC today!
- NYC LGBT Pride and March: As one of the biggest Pride festivals in the country, the world-renowned event offers fantastic vendors, activities, music, and more.
- Fleet Week NYC: A week-long festival dedicated to our military men and women offers guest the opportunity to participate in activities, meet military professionals, and see the ships.
- Global Citizen Festival: While the festival offers major musical headliners, it also includes activities that allow guests to have a positive, lasting effect on our society.
- Sakura Matsuri: The annual Cherry Blossom Festival occurs at the beautiful Brooklyn Botanical Garden and allows guests to learn about Japanese culture.
- New York City’s Multicultural Festival: Celebrate the amazing cultures throughout our world at one of the top culture-centric festivals in NYC.
- Diwali at Times Square: Attend the biggest Asian-Indian event in the United States, right in NYC. You might get to meet some of the biggest Bollywood stars!
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade and Festival: Ring in the new year in Chinatown with a massive, colorful parade and festival featuring entertainment, food, and handmade gifts.
- International African Arts Festival: Everything from craft vendors to food is highlighted at this festival celebrating the African arts.
Quick Tips for Attending Festivals in NYC
Before you jet off to New York City for any of these captivating festivals, you’ll need to keep a few tips in mind.
Have a Plan
As fun as it would be to leave caution to the wind, it is in your best interest to have a festival plan. Meaning, have you thought about how you’ll get to the festival? Will you walk, take the subway, or call an Uber? And, have you figured out if the festival requires tickets?
Planning out each detail of your day and experience will make your NYC trip go as smoothly as possible.
Know What to Wear
While you’ll need to dress accordingly for your intended event and the weather, I highly recommend wearing comfortable shoes. You’ll have to do quite a bit of walking around NYC and your festival of choice, so the last thing you need is a sore on your foot!
Keep Cash on Hand
It’s always good to have a little bit of cash on hand when you attend festivals in NYC. Several vendors may only accept cash or you may want to add a tip. And, if you don’t use it during your festival, you’ll have it on hand for other NYC attractions and experiences.
Purchase Tickets in Advance
Depending on which festival you choose to attend, you may be required to purchase tickets. I recommend doing so as far in advance as possible. On top of skipping ticket lines the day of, you may also receive a special discount for buying early!
NYC: The Home of Top Notch Festivals
The next time you find yourself in the Big Apple, make sure you attend one or more of the top festivals in NYC in addition to all the city has to offer. Whether you prefer culinary masterpieces or performances, cultural events or art showcases, New York City has a festival for everyone.